Sunday 16 November 2008

Who needs Brain Training on a DS?

I don't, for one! Not after spending a day working out how the pieces of my tallboy carcass fit together. Okay, I do know how they fit, but working out all the joint work was a bit mind taxing. Let me tell you why....

I have lots of pieces of wood that need to be stuck together, but rather than being flush to each other, they have to be offset by a few millimeters. All that really needs to happen is I cut the joints offset. But that is where the problem lies - how do I work out the offset and how do I make sure the offset is in the correct direction?

The best way to solve a problem like that is to do some test pieces - make the joints in scraps of wood before you do it on the real thing.

Anyway, after I did the joint work I did put the carcass together, it did fit correctly. Doing test pieces is well worth it.

By the end of the day, I could feel my neurons well and truly stimulated.

No comments: